Break Free Consulting was started in 2006 by Traci Duez when she noticed a desperate need in her IT consulting company. As the delivery director for over 100 consultants, she noticed that most were technically brilliant and outstanding at implementing the latest and greatest technologies. However, many lacked the mind-set to see the 'big picture', to understand the world from the clients point of view, and to understand the consulting business. That is when she started looking for ways to help them make real, lasting changes in their mind-sets... in the way that they think.
She discovered neuro-axiology through a series of events and tried out their program. She was so impressed with the results that she left her corporate director position and started her own consulting company to bring the latest in neuro-axiology and value to others.
We continue Traci's belief and grow her vision today. We believe so deeply in this process that Break Free Consulting offers a money-back satisfaction guarantee. (There aren't many training and development companies that do that!)
Break Free Consulting and each of our employees promise to:
- Bring the latest in learning and coaching techniques to you and your company
- Teach you how to use the power of your brain to help YOU reach YOUR success
- Not to use old, antiquated processes that were good at bringing about yesterday's change
- Teach you and your team about the value of understanding VALUE
- Demonstrate the timeless principles of success
- Increase your VQ (Values Quotient) which impacts every decision you make
- Bring about real, lasting, positive changes in you and your team
PMI Registered Education Provider
While many of these organizations deliver high quality educational experiences, the majority of them do so using an approach that has not been supported by the objective global standard for content or quality.
The best way to protect your training investment is to select a provider whose organization and offering have been independently certified as meeting a rigorous set of quality criteria.
In 1999, Project Management Institute (PMI), in collaboration with organizations, project management practitioners and training experts developed the Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) program.
The R.E.P. Assessment Process
In order to achieve R.E.P. certification, a training provider and its educational offering must meet PMI’s rigorous review criteria. These range from organizational maturity and compatibility of training with PMI standards to the quality of their offering’s design, delivery and content and the ability of a training organization to solicit feedback from customers and improve their training on an ongoing basis. In order to maintain their certification, each R.E.P. is evaluated against these criteria every three years (in addition to random audits which may be performed).
Break Free Consulting achieved R.E.P. certification with the Project Management Institute in July of 2009 and offers PDUs (professional development units) to all persons certified and credentialed by PMI.
Break Free Consulting's values are the core of our business decisions. Here's what you can expect...
- Integrity & Honesty: "Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people." (Spenser Johnson)
- Trust: "To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved." (George MacDonald)
- Compassion: "One's life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation and compassion." (Simone de Beauvoir)
- Faith: "Faith is the first factor in a life devoted to service. Without it, nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible."
- Teamwork: "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." (Michael Jordon)
- Respect: "There are countless ways of attaining greatness, but any road to reaching one's maximum potential must be built on a bedrock of respect for the individual, a commitment to excellence, and a rejection of mediocrity." (Buck Rodgers)
- Freedom: "Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom." (Albert Einstein)
- Wisdom: "To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom." (Charles H. Spurgeon)
After graduating from Case Western Reserve University with a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry and a minor concentration in Sports Medicine, Traci continued her education at The Ohio State University. There she entered the master’s program in physical education specializing in Athletic Coaching and Sports Psychology.
Today Traci is an accomplished and sought-after speaker. She has spoken at over 100 events in the last 4 years including international locations such as Trinidad, Canada, and Amsterdam. She is highly recommended for her speaking, coaching and leadership development workshops as evidenced by over 100 recommendations posted on her LinkedIn profile and a five star rating from over 80 recommendations posted at Genbook.com.
Prior to beginning Break Free Consulting, Traci worked for 20+ years in various roles from medical technologist to laboratory informatics specialist; from project manager to director of an IT consulting firm. A short list of her achievements includes:
Self-taught in medical technology, Traci demonstrated her expertise in the subject by passing the ASCP (American Society of Clinical Pathologists) certification examination.
Always an innovative thinker, she initiated a new laboratory that utilized robots and computers to perform analytical tests. This saved the company over $250,000 annually in reagent use alone.
Her ability to lead a project of cross-functional teams reporting up through different management structures was key to the successful implementation of a state-of-the-art laboratory information management system.
As an IT consultant, Traci was able to successfully lead a diverse project team of 50 people from 14 different locations around the world including the US, Puerto Rico, England, Italy, Ireland, and Australia.
Throughout her IT consulting career, being able to quickly and accurately assess her team’s capabilities allowed her to place the right people in the right roles at the right times and help both the company and consultants succeed.
As an executive consultant, she played many roles from program manager to inside sales support. She initiated employee development programs and helped create a new organizational management structure.
To meet her client's goals, she has successfully collaborated with corporate leaders (CEO's, CFO's, CIO's, COO's, President's and VP's) in the domains of pharmaceutical manufacturing, biotechnology, chemical processing, food processing, insurance, oil and gas, utilities, sales, IT and management consulting.
In her spare time, Traci has volunteered for various coaching, leadership, and mentoring roles including:
While attending CWRU in Cleveland, OH, Traci participated as a volunteer in the children's hospice area of Rainbow Babies' and Children's Hospital where she worked/played with chronically and terminally ill children.
She coached basketball at the high school and collegiate levels where she successfully led teams to achieve more than they believed they were possible of achieving. At Columbus (OH) Academy, she led the varsity girls’ basketball team that had a 4-13 record the previous year, to a 13-7 record.
In Orlando, FL, as the youth pastor for a community church she implemented student-led home groups that not only grew the student ministry from 15 members to over 40, but also grew student leaders.
Currently, Traci is an active Little League umpire where she receives recognition for her excellent demeanor, field presence, and leadership ability.
Traci is also a volunteer for the Texas Scholars program that encourages 8th grade students to build a solid academic foundation as they select their high school curriculum.